Project presentation by project coordinator, Lars Klüver from the Danish Board of Technology Foundation.
Facts on Engage2020
The European Commission has identified seven Grand Challenges – key issues ranging from demographic change, green transport to efficient energy. The European Commission is targeting the challenges with the largest research programme to date – the €80 billion Horizon 2020.
Engage2020 finds that the challenges can only be tackled effectively if all of society’s actors are fully engaged.
Engage2020 will map and explore existing praxis of societal engagement in research and innovation and highlight promising new or adapted approaches to be used in the future.
The seven Grand Challenges
- Health, demographic change and wellbeing
- Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research, and the Bioeconomy
- Secure, clean and efficient energy
- Smart, green and integrated transport
- Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials
- Europe in a changing world – inclusive, innovative and reflective societies
- Secure societies – protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens